Hugs-n-Hearts Early Learning Center
* A children's literature library is available for daily teacher-lead and independent reading.
* All full-time preschool /pre-K teachers at Hugs-n-Hearts hold a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or a related field. Teachers are certified in First Aid / CPR, Management of communicable diseases, and child abuse recognition.
* Curriculum is planned to provide a balance of quiet and active play, full-group and one-on-one activities, with a focus on the whole child's development- cognitive,physical,social and emotional.
* A nearly 1 acre Playground that exceeds state standards for size and equipment, including sandboxes/ tricycle paths and the most modern large muscle equipment available
* Bathroom facilities are located in each classroom and are child-size to help encourage practical living skills.
* Each classroom is equipped with a telephone/intercom system in case of an emergency and for necessary communications.
* Fire exit and emergency exit signs are located in each classroom, along with a fire alarm system installed throughout the center.
* Observation windows have been included in each classroom, so parents may observe their children and supervisors may observe staff.
* A learning resource area is included in the center for promoting staff development, training and curriculum planning.
High-quality child care does not just happen; it is the result of a delicate combination of personnel,facility, programming, and dedication to serving children and parents. To make high-quality child care happen, Hugs-n-Hearts has taken special measures to include the following crucial elements:
* Separate rooms for large muscle play and other special activities
Your Child's Adjustment
Introducing your child to their first group can be exciting time for both parent and child; it can also be a time of some mild anxiety - especially for younger children. May we make the following suggestions to help your child's adjustment to be brief and pleasant:
* Open tour hours are from 9:30 AM - 11:15 AM Daily.
* An appointment to view the center is not required during these hours.
* Allow your child to accompany you on your initial visit to the center if possible.
* Allow him / her to look around and get a feel for the building and the people in it.
* Introduce him / her to the Director and to the classroom teachers.
* Encourage your child to ask questions.
The H-N-H Campus building serves as the home for our kindergarten and school-aged students. Spacious, well-equipped classrooms and state-of-the-art learning tools are provided.
Cooking classes, indoor basketball gym, Lego room, huge theater room and computer lab
are just some of the exciting activities provided to our students!
Transportation for before and after school care is available to Worthington Park and Olentangy Elementary schools: Olentangy Meadows, Oak Creek, Glen Oak, Alum Creek, Arrowhead, Walnut Creek, Hertiage and Freedom Trail.
Hugs-n-Hearts ELC North Campus (Lewis Center Rd, Galena) will provide transportation to Walnut Creek, Johnnycake Corners, General Rosecrans & Big Walnut Elementary.
Click Here to Visit North Location.
While touring, please take a few minutes to complete our short Wait List Application or you may also fill out our wait list / request a tour application online click here.
We do not require a fee for the application or a wait list deposit!
We will start a file for your child at the time of application and encourage you to call at any time to check on future enrollment availability.
After your visit, talk with your child about what you saw at the center. Discuss all the different things he / she will be doing once enrolled. If possible visit the center again before your first day of enrollment and spend some extra time (20-30 minutes)
in your child classroom to observe and participate in the program.
Even a brief half-hour visit to your child's class before the first day of enrollment will help to acclimate your child to the surroundings and he / she will feel much more calm on the first day you leave him / her with us.